LT Doc

Thoughts on my life deployed as a ship's doctor

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Day Thirty-Five

18 September 2006
Here is a little schematic of my little floating home. This was taken recently. We have several boats that do various things that we keep inside our “well deck” (another very large space that is underneath the “hanger bay”). The LCU’s actually have their own crew that lives on them while they are inside the ship. Can you imaging living on a boat inside a boat? Strange concept. They have a crew of about 20-30 members and about 6 people live in a space the size of my stateroom. Forget about reading in bed—you can only lie down on those racks. This week we are winding down one aspect of our mission out here. We will then have a port stop (hopefully I can get a night off the ship with a larger bed and no bells going off every half hour and 1MC announcements disrupting my sleeping in on my day off). I am excited to see another aspect of the world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home