LT Doc

Thoughts on my life deployed as a ship's doctor

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Day Nine

Day Nine
23 August 2006
Today was not quite as busy. We had a General Quarter’s Drill and Mass Casualty drill attached to it. We all have our stations when the ship is being attacked so an alarm goes off and we all go to our stations. We then work with mass casualties, initial treatment and then to medical (aka Main BDS, Battle Dressing Station) so they can be stabilized, taken to surgery, or transported off the ship. It went well. I was feeling pretty run down after it, though, so I was able to catch a nap in the afternoon (which did wonders for me) and had a good workout. I just finished our nightly smallpox and predeployment screenings. Only a few more nights of that and we will be in port for a few days. I will be able to tell you more as soon as we leave that port do to security.
I was blessed today because I had two wonderful one-on-one conversations with some of the other female officers. They talked about their current struggles and prayer and faith. God’s words to me kept going through my head, “comfort, comfort my people says the Lord.” How faithful is the Lord to bring people into my life that share their struggles so that I can pray and lift up and identify with my fellow sisters. He is mighty to answer and I so look forward to watching him work in their lives! Their conversations have also been a blessing to me just to have some females to identify with and enjoy some companionship and talk (as we love to do!). Good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home