LT Doc

Thoughts on my life deployed as a ship's doctor

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Day Eleven

Day Eleven

25 August 2006

I have a deep fatigue today that keeps my eyes red and heavy and my body and mind moving slow. It is not a sad or a depressed tiredness, my heart is rather happy. I think it is fatigue from lack of sleep and perhaps fighting off my smallpox vaccine. We had a large church service in the Hanger Bay tonight. Though I was too tired to sing, my heart was singing. The breeze from the ocean through the large elevator doors felt like the Almighty’s hand stoking my face to remind me of the love he has for me. It was one of those times when I truly felt God’s pleasure in where I am and what I am doing. Though I miss my husband immensely. Though I am so fatigued. Though I long to be back in the mountains…I would never choose to be anywhere different than where I am now—just a tiny soul in a steel hull cruising through blue waters singing praises to God with a ship-load of dear souls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home