LT Doc

Thoughts on my life deployed as a ship's doctor

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Day Twenty-Seven


10 September 2006
I had a very relaxing day! I did not have duty today so I woke late, laid in bed listening to music, went to church, ate, read, fell asleep for a two-hour nap, ate again and now I am listening to the ESPN NFL show on TV and writing. Unfortunately, you have to stay up till all hours just to watch the early Sunday football game so I think I will only be able to watch pre and post game shows. Hopefully, I will get to watch one or two Bronco games while I am out. Today had our first “Steel Beach Picnic” of this deployment. While we are out, we have a couple of these to help keep up moral. They are quite fun. Starting at 1100 and ending at 1800, there is tons of salads and meat barbequed on the aft aircraft elevator. Drinks, fruit, deserts…Everyone wears PT gear (PT aka physical training). People play card games at tables brought into the hanger bay and ping-pong on a couple tables they bring out. Music plays constantly and the elevator doors are opened to keep things cool. That is where I love to hang out. I pull up a couple boxes of soda for my seat and eat watching the ocean go by. Tonight I watched the sunset as I ate wonderful chocolate cake and had an uplifting conversation with one of the pilots. Simple, relaxing, quiet…that was my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home