LT Doc

Thoughts on my life deployed as a ship's doctor

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Day Two

I have my music going right now. I have not had music in my room before and it is so nice. Usually I would just pop on the TV I think because it was noise and company. Now I have music so I can read, email, or think without the distraction of TV. It is nice. So I bought a new computer with Kaalan’s help right before I left which is awesome. I was able to download most of my CD’s and have some great speakers and a subwoofer too. It is very decadent. I watched a DVD on it last night and it was perfect (though the movie left much to be desired—Payback with Mel Gipson—not on the recommendation list). I am currently using my ship laptop to write emails. Yes, I live on board ship with 3 computers that are at my disposal. Rough life, eh? I just came down from the “Flag Bridge” which is an area that sits right below the main bridge (where the boat is driven). No one is using the area now so there is 2 captain’s chairs and windows along the whole length with two balconies on either side for me to enjoy. It is great now because it is also air-conditioned. With the weather being so hot and humid it is hard to see sunlight because you also melt at the same time. There I can enjoy the view and be comfortable. I studied there a bit this evening while watching the sunset and a helicopter landing and taking off for practice. I will have to take advantage of that space more! Today was busy just seeing patients, some with earaches, urinary tract infections, joint pain, and cholesterol issues. I also taught a Cardiovascular Health class and had about 12 people there. Not bad. I have not worked out yet today because the gym is just so warm it is hard to motivate myself to get there. I think that I need to become a morning person but we are going to keep turning our clocks forward almost every day while we cross the Atlantic. That does not make it any easier to wake earlier. Oh well…such are my dilemmas right now. Life is simple out here, don’t you think? Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home