LT Doc

Thoughts on my life deployed as a ship's doctor

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Pinning!

I have only a few more weeks to go until this deployment is over. Hurray! It is winding up and I will be home just in time to spend Christmas with Kaalan. I am so excited. I have been doing fine. I just was pinned as a Surface Warfare Medical/Dental Officer. In order to get this "qualification" and thus wear the pin designating me as such, I had to study for a while, go to different places on the ship, watch certain operational evolutions, and memorize a ton of Navy aviation/ship/weapons/engineering/damage control information.

All that hard work finally paying off!

I am then tested on this information by sitting for a "murder" board--several officers sit around and ask me various questions for an hour. I get my final qualification by sitting for the actual oral board--the CO, XO, and department heads asked me more questions (but only for a half hour this time. They figure I know most of the info if I did well on the murder board). I had this board this morning and got "pinned" at lunch. Good times! It is nice to have this done. I really enjoyed learning all the information by going to the numerous spaces around the ship. It is nice to know about the place where I have lived for the past four months (and worked for the past year and a half)! What Can Brown Do For You?

1 Comments:

Blogger Brigitte said...

"WawaVeeva!" (Borat)

3:09 PM, November 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home