LT Doc

Thoughts on my life deployed as a ship's doctor

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Day One Hundred One


23 November 2006
Happy Thanksgiving! It was holiday routine on the ship today. I started my day at 0300 with a call from my corpsman (I had duty overnight). A sailor was suffering from a kidney stone. After squaring him away with an IV and pain medications I went back to sleep and did not wake until 0830. I could not believe that I had slept that long without waking to any bells and whistles.
We had a nice church service in the hanger bay and then had brunch. I took a short snoozer after I ate and then went to the flight deck for an all officers photo. The Turkey Trot was the next event—several people showed up. I was unable to run because my knees still hurt so I walked the trot. It was fun. I still got a great workout because the winds off the bow were about 30 knots. It was something! In the afternoon, I took some time to read one of my books called “Captivating” (which is wonderful).

Then came Thanksgiving dinner. It was incredible! Ham, turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green been casserole, sweet potatoes, shrimp, fresh roles, lots of deserts, and more! So much food and it was all great!
After dinner I spent some time emailing and then had my Woman’s Bible Study. The study has been such a blessing to me. It has been so fun reading and studying the Bible with other ladies on the ship. I think a lot of them want to continue meeting when we return back to port which I would love. We are going to start a new study soon, and I am praying about which one to start.

So this Thanksgiving holiday on the Saipan was great. Lots of friends with whom to celebrate. It has ended too soon. I am currently waiting for a phone line to call Kaalan and hopefully reach some of my family. Kaalan is not working today (I think either he or I have had to work the past few years of Thanksgivings). He gets to have dinner with our friends Kelly and Nathan. Knowing Kelly, it was going to taste wonderful! One of these days, Kaalan and I will get to celebrate Thanksgiving together. Perhaps next year?

1 Comments:

Blogger Brigitte said...

Happy Thanksgiving, dear! :)

10:02 PM, November 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home